CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2011

From:
Mark Cannell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2011 22:22:26 +1200

Hi Stefan

Here's a starting point:

Practical Limits of Resolution in Confocal and
Non-Linear Microscopy
GUY COX AND COLIN J.R. SHEPPARD
MICROSCOPY RESEARCH AND TECHNIQUE 63:18 –22 (2004) (check out links
from that paper too).

I think its discussed in the Handbook of biological confocal
microscopy (Pawley) as well. The importance of RI mismatch cannot be
overstated as the excitation volume is entirely dependent on the
focussing ability of the objective.

Hope this helps, Mark