CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2022

From:
Catherine Heyward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2022 08:05:09 -0500
To join or leave the confocal microscopy listserv or to change your email address, go to:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=confocalmicroscopy&A=1

To Paula,

I have seen something similar where the DAPI turns orange, but sadly still don't know what causes it. Mainly in tissue sections, also spheroid sections, both paraffin and cryo. Often it seems to affect the edges worse than the centre of the section (7x7mm sections) so I wondered if it was the PAP pen, or a drying effect. But none of the troubleshooting tests I have tried turn up anything reproducible.

Would be very happy to hear if anyone else has had this issue and found ways to overcome it (other than just switching to DRAQ5 of course!)

Best wishes,

Catherine Heyward

University of Oslo