CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2012

From:
Judy Trogadis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:29:47 +0000

Whole animal imagers often use NIR dyes for a variety of different reasons. After processing thin sections for histology, we would like to image those same areas. From the Thorlabs website, it seems as if we can simply exchange the light guide in the epillumination port on one of our microscopes (acceptable models are also listed) with the LED's attachment and it's just a matter of matching the light with the appropriate filter cube.

I think 10 watts would provide enough light, don't you think?

Judy