CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2013

From:
yuansheng sun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:56:35 -0500

Thank you all so much for the great suggestions.  Following the
suggested direction, I searched and found an application note from Newport
(no competing  interest). There are two beams out of the Glan-Laser prism -
one is the main beam output and the other is called the beam dump.  I am
wondering if I can achieve any split between the main output and the dump
by varying the degree of the half wave plate.  I assume the sum of the main
output power and the dump power is close to the Ti:Sa laser power (~1.3 W
for our system at 800 nm).

Brian, can you share your AOM information?  Thanks.

Sheng