CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2014

From:
Alison North <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:50:06 -0400

Hi,

I guess we all have different experiences!  As discussed on a different
listserver recently, I just tested out a load of blue dyes on our OMX
and I found Atto 425 to be hopeless with our 405 laser/filter
combination - at least the conjugated antibody that I was using.  But I
know other people have found it to be good. CF405M is good in our hands
as long as you use a low illumination intensity - otherwise there is
significant photobleaching.  And CF405S is bright but I found that in
several mountants, including Prolong Gold, the second you hit the sample
with the 405 laser it photoconverts the dye into a green-emitting form.
The problem was much less obvious in Vectashield but is still a concern
for multiple labelling  experiments.  I certainly prefer CF405M over AF405.

Hope you find one that works for you!
Alison

On 3/28/2014 9:01 AM, Eric Griffis wrote:
> Post images on http://www.imgur.com and include the link in your posting.
> *****
>
> We've had good luck with Atto 425. Comparing phalloidins, Atto 425 significantly outperformed AlexaFluor-405 and CF-405 for OMX. However, the big caveat is that the preparation of the phalloidin probably plays as big of a role as the qualities of the fluor.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Eric
>

> On 27 Mar 2014, at 22:51, "Wong, Scott" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

> Post images on http://www.imgur.com and include the link in your posting.
> *****
>
> Hi everyone,
> I'm looking at getting some new antibodies and the Alexa Fluor 405
> secondary lines up well with the filters and laser lines I have available.
> Does anyone have experience with it, good or bad?
> Thanks for the help,
> Scott Wong

Alison J. North, Ph.D.,
Senior Director of the Bio-Imaging Resource Center and
Research Associate Professor,
The Rockefeller University,
1230 York Avenue,
New York,