CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2007

From:
Barbara Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2007 14:12:41 -0500

Hi, Allan

Also, visit the Horiba/JY Raman microscopy site.  I know that they
have been doing biological work for some time.  I wrote an article
for Am Lab several years ago in which this application was mentioned
(contact me offline for a PDF). Dr. Fran Adar at JY would be able to
provide further info.

Also, SERS is a really big help and there are a number of companies
either coming close to or in commercialization for SERS
substrates.  Also, the AFM folks have been working on Tip Enhanced
Raman (TERS), which you might want to investigate. NT-MDT's NTegra
Specta has this capability and, reportedly, JPK's system.

I would also check Renishaw and Witec.

This is a hot new area and very exciting!

Hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Barbara Foster, President

Microscopy/Microscopy Education
313 S Jupiter Rd, Suite 100
Allen, TX 75002
P: 972-954-8011
W: www.MicroscopyEducation.com

MME is now scheduling customized, on-site courses through
September.  Call us today for details.

P. S.
Need a good general reference or light microscopy text for next
semester? Call us today to learn more about "Optimizing LIght
Microscopy".  Copies still available through MME... even for
class-room lots ... and we give quantity discounts. Call Ken Piel at
(972)954-8011.