CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2001

From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:32:57 +0000
Dear Johan,
Perhaps this laser has a weak 568 nm output, or PMT1 is ailing.  Have
you measured the output at 568 nm with a laser power meter?

Without a power meter, you might improvise by comparing intensity of
emissions from a dye exciting at both 488 and 568 or 568 and 647 nm.  In
the latter, Molecular Probes' Deep Red fluorescent nissl stain emits
nearly equally when excited at 568 (605/32 filter, PMT1) or 647 (680/40,
PMT3).

If you remove filter block 2 is PMT1 noisy with a green emission, in
comparison to PMT2?

Regards,
Glen

--