CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2012

From:
Cameron Nowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2012 10:33:33 +1000

Hi Doreen,

I have gotten some great images of insects with my son playing around in
the facility during school holidays:)

If you have a confocal and can configure it for reflective imaging (i.e
detection of the reflected laser light coming back off the surface) you
will get some very nice and detailed images without the need for any dye
or image preparation (I just embedded the bugs in some low melt agarose
to keep them still).  Just be careful not to use too much laser power as
you could damage your detectors.

Cheers

Cam

Cameron J. Nowell
Microscopy Manager
Centre for Advanced Microscopy
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Melbourne - Parkville Branch
PO Box 2008
Royal Melbourne Hospital
Victoria, 3050
AUSTRALIA