CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2003

From:
Göran Ocklind <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:04:30 +0100

Stefan, I think you are right it is a RI mismatch. If we dive in to your
pond an bring a camera in a waterproof housing then the distance scale on
the camera lens will not show the right distance to your object because the
camera has a non-immersion lens. As a result you get spherical aberration
and crazy size measurements. You can also say that if you see a bent stick
then the microscope will also see a bent stick.

Göran Ocklind :-)