CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1993

From:
Barry Burbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1993 09:31:28 EDT
I've always used an adapter for the Lasersharp that goes into the fluorescence
filter port of either a Zeiss IM or Standard 16. This puts one telan lens from
the Zeiss plus a mirror and one lens in the Biorad adapter between the
objective and the eyepiece. I hear that to not lose conventional fluorescence,
the way to connect now to an Axiovert is through the video port. I would
like to know if anyone has evaluated the signal loss of this method as opposed
to going into the nosepiece. Neither the IM adapter from Biorad nor the scope
has the high efficiency mirrors of the 600. Are we losing signal? What about
the beamsplitter of a Nikon Diavert? could it be replaced with something
better? Many thanks in advance.

                               BJ