CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 1993

From:
"Anthony G. Moss." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1993 10:48:00 CST
Dear confocal networkers:

We are in the market for a LSCM in the near future.  We've looked at the molec-
ular Dynamics and Bio-Rad systems pretty closely, and are also considering the
Leica and Noran systems.  We see advantages and disadvantages in each system
(we have yet to actually demo Leica and Noran) and are very interested in hear-
ing what others in this field already think about the various systems.

Would  you mind sending us your comments and reactions?  Our primary use is for
biological confocal studies of connectivity and continuity in several systems,
ranging from cytoskeletal studies to neuronal tracing.  We have a large group
of potential users, among which one is interested in ratio imaging of dyes,
another reflected light interferometry.  What do you think of your company's ser
   vice,
reliability, availability, savvy, etc?  How about speed and ease of use?  How
about the ability to port your data to another platform if needed?

You migh twant to post your answres directly to us if you feel a bit  uncom-
fortable about any negative comments:

        IN%"[log in to unmask]"

Thanks very much in advance.  Your comments shoul be a great help!

sincerely,
Tony Moss and Steve Kempf
Auburn University.