CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2018

From:
Claire Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2018 14:22:51 -0600

Thank you to everyone for you online and offline comments.

We did demo the cameras but I wanted input from the community because I was still having issues deciding.
For the pixel binning issue I appreciate all of the clarification. It is good to remember the differences with sCMOS and CCDs.
My main point with the binning was sensitivity versus resolution. So binning offline is fine.

This is a core facility microscope so as I'm sure many of you are aware it is difficult to pick components for one application since some users need speed, others need sensitivity and others resolution. For my own work the Flash 4 is fine. For others they may need the improved sensitivity.

We are actually upgrading two microscopes. A SD/TIRF and a SD so I think we will put two Flash 4 on one and two Prime on the other. This will give us the option to move people between systems depending on their needs.

Thanks again for all the information.

Claire