CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2012

From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2012 14:51:52 -0700

Hi,

Have you tried ~1.5% low melting point agarose?  Maybe even lower concentration for your purposes.  Use a coverslip bridge to create a spacer - use cyanoacrylate glue to stack 22 mm square coverslips to a desired depth onto a 50 or 60 mm coverslip. the top coverslip usually stays in place by capillary action.

 Regards,
Glen

Glen MacDonald
Cellular Morphology Core
Center for Human Development and Disability
Box 357920
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7920  USA
(206) 616-4156