CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2005

From:
中西英行 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:02:55 +0900

Dear List Server:
    I have been a member of this server for a year and greatly
benefit the discussion between the members on a wide variety of
topics related to Confocal Microscope.  Since there are many
quantitative researches taking advantages of FRET, FRAP etc.  I have
questions concerning measurements of the absolute fluorescence
intensity in these experiments.
   In media with internal structures comparable or larger than the
wavelength of light, the fluorescence intensity would be greatly
attenuated by scattering or reflection due to this inhomogeneity.  To
obtain the results in a quantitative way, the detected fluorescence
intensity should be corrected to compensate for the lost due to
scattering and/or reflection.  Without this correction, the analysis
would result in a great error.
    I would appreciate very much if someone could tell me the answer
or any work published about the above problem.

Many thanks in advance,
Best regards,

Hideyuki NAKANISHI

Hideyuki Nakanishi

Department of Polymer Science & Engineering
Kyoto Institute of Technology
Matsugasaki, Kyoto 606-8585, JAPAN

TEL/FAX: +81-75-724-7862
Email: [log in to unmask]