CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2013

From:
"Periasamy, Ammasi (ap3t)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2013 21:00:35 +0000

Hi Sunando
Not sure why you need only the spinning disk based FLIM system to image FLIM-FRET in live cells.
We use and train in the FRET workshop both photon counting and camera based FLIM system for live cells. Camera based system is frequency domain, wide-field microscope and photon counting mode is time domain. You can use two-photon based system for photon counting or confocal based photon counting system. Becker & Hickl, Germany, sells stand alone confocal FLIM-FRET system for very reasonable price.

If you would like to explore and get trained on the FLIM-FRET system attend our workshop. Few companies system will be used to train the workshop participants including Becker & Hickl, Lambert instruments and ISS.
The workshop is during March 11-16, 2013
http://www.kcci.virginia.edu/workshop/workshop2013/index.php
Hope this helps.

Dr. Ammasi Periasamy
Professor & Center Director
W.M. Keck Center for Cellular Imaging (KCCI)
(A University Imaging Center)
Biology, University of Virginia
Mail or FedEx: 485 McCormick Rd.
Charlottesville, VA 22904.
Office Location: Physical Life Sciences Building (B005)
90, Geldard Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22904
Voice: 434-243-7602 (Office); 982-4869 (lab)
Fax:434-982-5210; Email:[log in to unmask]
http://www.kcci.virginia.edu/contact/peri.php
12th Annual Workshop on FRET Microscopy, March 11-16, 2013
http://www.kcci.virginia.edu/workshop/workshop2013/index.php