CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2003

From:
Beat Ludin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 01:40:21 +0100

At 17:34 17.12.2003, you wrote:
>For this
>reason water objectives often give the best performance possible
>because the RI mismatch is considerably less.

Just a remark on the side: I'm not sure what the RI of a bacterial biofilm
is but I think it might be closer to glycerol or even oil than to water, so
using a glycerol or oil objective might actually give you better results
than a water objective. I'd make sure to test this before spending money on
a new objective.

And yes, IMHO, opening the pinhole would be the best way to allow
increasing the Z-step width w/o running into problems with undersampling.

Just my $0.02, for what they're worth,

Beat