CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2018

From:
Lee Cohen-Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2018 14:57:24 +0000

Stan-
Look into the Kiosk option offered by iLabs.  With it, users must log into a centrally located tablet to begin/end their session on an instrument.  Your iLabs rep can give you a detailed explanation of how this works.  The flow Cytometry Core here uses it.  We have always worked on the honor system for our microscopes. Our confocals are so heavily booked (back-to-back sessions) that people can’t really run over and if they use less time than reserved, they are very good about updating their reservations so that they don’t pay for unused time.  We still use a paper log-in sheet at the TEM in addition to iLab reservations since we don’t have that microscope’s computer networked.  We compare paper to the iLab calendar. There is usually excellent agreement.
Best,
Lee

Leona Cohen-Gould, MS, CEMT

Senior Staff Associate