CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2003

From:
Andy Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:33:52 -0800

Dear Maryse

We and others have used quantum dot nanocrystals for imaging fixed and live
cells. The nanocrystals are chemically and photochemically stable,
especially for the application you describe.  There are no apparent effects
on cell function.  They can be used to label the cell surface or can be
introduced into cells in a number of ways.  The technology and cell and
in-vivo applications are described in:

Wu X., et al. Immunofluorescent labeling of cancer marker Her2 and other
cellular targets with semiconductor quantum dots. Nature Biotechnology
Volume 21 No.1 pp41-46

Dubertret B., et al. In vivo imaging of quantum dots encapsulated in
phospholipid micelles. Science Vol 298:1759-1762 (Nov 29, 2002).

Jaiswal, J. et al. Long term multiple color imaging of live cells using
quantum dot bioconjugates. Nature Biotechnology online Dec 2, 2002 doi:
10.1038/nbt767.

Åkerman et al. Nanocrystal Targeting In Vivo. Proc. Nat'l Acad. Sci. USA
99:12617-12621 (2002).

These products are available from our website www.qdots.com.  We solicit
your (and others!) input as to how to improve these products for your
specific needs.

Best regards
Andy Watson