CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2006

From:
Badri Roysam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:36:14 -0400

We have been buying generic dual-CPU computers from Microway. These are based on AMD's 64-bit OPteron CPU rather than Intel's. We have been generally happy with them. I think the Dell Precision series is also very attractive.

Badri Roysam
Professor, Department of Electrical, Computer and Systems Engineering
Associate Director, NSF Center for Subsurface Sensing & Imaging Systems (CenSSIS ERC)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
110 8th Street, Troy, New York 12180-3590.
Office(JEC 7010): 518-276-8067, Lab(JEC 6308): 518-276-8207, Fax: 518-276-8715
Email: [log in to unmask], Web: http://www.ecse.rpi.edu/~roysam