CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2000

From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:15:48 +0000
Dear Marco,
Martin recommended NIH Image, you might take a look at Object Image, an
enhanced version of NIH Image.  available at simon.bio.uva.nl.

The message below was sent to the confocal listserver.  You may want to
try this program.

Regards,
Glen
-------------
I have spent a little time writing an analysis program for 8-bit images (Z
stacks and time series) for the Zeiss LSM 510.
I am making the program available here in a full release which has no time
locks or restrictions.

The program has some advantages over the Zeiss software (and some pretty
major disadvantages).

The main advantages are;
It runs over networks and off CDs and doesn't try and load all images into
memory.
It is pixel based (but also has circular ROIs)
It allows you to construct deltaF/F images
It plots graphs and exports data at variable data rates
You can filter spatially and temporally
Background subtraction is available
It does NOT write back to data files but you can save analysis files.
It can make annotated DIB sequencies that can be used to make a movie.
There are more, but this is getting boring...

The major disadvantage is that the instruction manual is now very
out-of-date. I might be persuaded to update it if anyone finds the program
of value. It does not cope well with line scans, nor with 12-bit or
compressed images.

Of course all the usual disclaimers apply. Do not resell this program or
modify it. It is copyright, and I am making it available for the benefit of
science. You use the program at your own risk etc.......

Anyway, give it a go and let me know if you find it useful. Please pass on
any criticisms to me.

http://hodgkin.physiol.cam.ac.uk/staff/schwiening/C4/cjs/AnalysisProgram/pro
gram.html

I will only release future updates to those who have registered an interest
with me (by email to: [log in to unmask]).

Greetings,
Christof

---
Christof J Schwiening ([log in to unmask])
Lecturer in Physiology & Fellow of Churchill College
Dept. of Physiology, University of Cambridge, Downing Site, CB2 3EG.
Fax. (0)1223 333840

--

Glen MacDonald
  Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center