CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2007

From:
"Rietdorf, Jens" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 08:45:02 +0100

Dear listers,

Could you kindly help me with the following.

Which clearing method/solution is best suited for paraformaldehyde-fixed brain tissue? Murrey Clear? MethylSalicylate? Others? Why?

Some of the neurons are labeled with fluorescent proteins and in some cases the signal is amplified by Alexa488 conjugate anti GFP antibody labeling.

Any hints?

Thanks & regards, jens

---
Dr. Jens Rietdorf
head of microscopy unit
Novartis Foundation
Friedrich-Miescher-Institute, wro1066.2.32
Maulbeerstr.66, CH-4058 Basel, Switzerland
phone +41(61)69-75172 mobil +41 798284737