CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2013

From:
"Knecht, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2013 01:01:53 +0000

We do this routinely for cells in glass bottom dishes fixed in situ.  We make up the PPD in buffer shortly before use.  The only issue is that the PPD will oxidize with time and the solution will turn orange.  We have not had that affect imaging in relatively short term situations (several days in fridge).  It is not as high resolution since the refractive index does not match glass or oil, but that depends on how critical your imaging needs are.  Dave