CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 1998

From:
"Reece.Jeffrey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 20:43:10 -0400
We have used Metamorph and MetaFluor and the software is powerful, robust,
and user-friendly.  I can also say that the telephone support has been
excellent.  If you get a cooled CCD camera from them, make sure the CCD chip
is grade 1 (whatever the highest grade is); otherwise you may not like what
you get.

I recommend that you also check out Inovision (http://www.inovis.com).  I
haven't used their software enough to recommend them one way or the other,
but they may be able to satisfy your needs with more bang for the buck.  I
would be interested in hearing what other people have to say about them.

Jeff Reece
Biomedical Engineer
NIEHS Confocal Microscopy Center
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
P.O. Box 12233, MD F2-02
Research Triangle, NC  27709
ph: (919) 541-0311
fax: (919) 541-1898