CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2022

From:
Marko Lampe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2022 11:18:11 -0500
To join or leave the confocal microscopy listserv or to change your email address, go to:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=confocalmicroscopy&A=1

Dear all,

We would like to draw your attention to our 8th EMBL Super-Resolution microscopy course from July 8th to 15th.

We will offer the course this year again in a virtual format and with a focussed curriculum centred on STED super-resolution microscopy:

“Super-Resolution Microscopy: Time-Resolved STED Nanoscopy”

We will again transfer the hands-on feeling of a face-to-face course as much as possible into the virtual world by having remote workshops in small groups allowing participants intensive discussions and creating ‘hands-on’-feeling by providing remote control of the microscope. The workshops will be complemented by presentations, discussions and tutorials by invited guest scientists and experts from EMBL and Leica Microsystems.

Covered topics:
-	Sample preparation for STED microscopy
-	Technical implementations – CW-STED, pulsed-STED, gated-STED, time-resolved STED (tauSTED)
-	Multi-Color 2D and 3D STED microscopy
-	Image acquisition strategies for live-cell STED

To enable participation from many regions of the world, we have grouped presentations, tutorials and discussions in a central three-hour time slot. One-half of the participant groups are scheduled before, the other part after this central common time slot - for more information, please have a look at:

https://www.embl.org/about/info/course-and-conference-office/events/mic22-03/

Application deadline is already May 2nd!

For questions regarding the course, please contact me directly ([log in to unmask]).

The course will be supported by Leica Microsystems.

On behalf of the organizing committee,

Marko

Dr. Marko Lampe
Advanced Light Microscopy Facility