CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2008

From:
Nuno Moreno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:31:02 +0000

To my knowledge there are 3 things that you can use

Laurdan

di 4 ANNEPSHQ for membrane fluidity - less fluidity more sterols -
ratiometric

cholera toxin CT-B - several Alexas

I must point out that filipin III is actually the worst since is
extremely toxic and and bleaches very fast.

Regards,
NM

PS: I have no commercial interest but they can be purchased from
Molecular Probes/invitrogen

--
Nuno Moreno
Cell Imaging Unit