CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2017

Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:14:16 +0100

Dear all,

To strengthen our Microscopy Unit at the Hertie Institute for Clinical
Brain Research in Tübingen, Germany, (http://www.hih-tuebingen.de/cn/)
we are seeking a

Scientist / Application Engineer / Physicist.

We are looking for a highly motivated, team-oriented individual to work
closely together with biologists on different types of microscopes
(2photon-, fluorescence-, laser scanning-microscopes). Projects in the
group include e.g. long-term intravital and slice culture imaging
experiments and
characterisation of newly developed fluorophores.
Responsibilities of the position include the maintenance, user training
and continued
development of our microscope setups as well as support in image analysis.
The applicant is expected to have experience in techniques using light
and fluorescent microscopy, image analysis and will need to have or
develop an excellent understanding of 2-photon microscopy.
To fill this position, competence in optics, microscopy and image
analysis is essential. Preference will be given to applicants with
programming/scripting skills and/or a (neuro-)biological background.

The position is initially for two years but can be extended into a
permanent staff fellow position. Interested applicants should send a CV
as soon as
possible (preferentially until Jan 31, 2017) by e-mail to Dr. Angelos
Skodras ([log in to unmask]) or Prof. Mathias
Jucker ([log in to unmask]).

Best regards,
Angelos

---
Angelos Skodras, PhD
Deutsches Zentrum für Neurodegenerative Erkrankungen e.V. (DZNE)
Hertie-Institut für Klinische Hirnforschung
Abt. Zellbiologie Neurologischer Erkrankungen
Universitätsklinikum Tübingen
Otfried-Müller-Str. 27
72076 Tübingen
Germany