CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2004

From:
Dardo Ferrara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:15:19 +0000

I am trying to use  confocal microscopy for en face aorta preparations.
I am used to working with the zeiss axioskop 2 fluorescent microscope and I
get great pictures exciting with UV light and seeing all my quantum dots
with only one long pass filter(i.e. with only one filter I can see
dapi/hoescht, green 525nm dots, orange 585nm dots, red 655 dots and so
forth).
However, when trying to work with the confocal microscope (bio rad LSCM) ,
it seems that I  can not find the proper settings.
I will appreciate any thoughts and feedback.

Dardo Ferrara MD
Fellow
Cardiology Department
Emory University

Visita MSN Latino Noticias: Todo lo que pasa en el mundo y en tu paín, ¡en
tu idioma! http://latino.msn.com/noticias/