CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2001

From:
Rosemary White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 08:54:04 +1100
I think one of the original references for this is:

Amann, R., Ludwig, W. & Schleifer, K.-H. (1995). Phylogenetic
identification and in situ detection of individual microbial cells without
cultivation. Microbiol Rev 59, 143-169.

But the person who has helped us get the method up and running is Linda
Blackall:

Webster, N.S., Wilson, K.J., Blackall, L.L. and Hill, R.T. Phylogenetic
diversity of bacteria associated with the marine sponge Rhopaloeides
odorabile. APPLIED AND ENVIRONMENTAL MICROBIOLOGY 2001, vol. 67 pp. 434-444

Hugenholtz, P., Tyson, G.W., Webb, R.I., Wagner, A.M. and Blackall, L.L.
Investigation of candidate division TM7, a recently recognized major
lineage of the domain bacteria with no known pure-culture representatives
APPLIED AND ENVIRONMENTAL MICROBIOLOGY  2001, vol. 67 pp. 411-419

Crocetti, G.R., Hugenholtz, P. , Bond, P.L., Schuler, A., Keller, J. ,
Jenkins, D. and Blackall, L.L. Identification of polyphosphate-accumulating
organisms and design of 16S rRNA-directed probes for their detection and
quantitation APPLIED AND ENVIRONMENTAL MICROBIOLOGY  2000, vol. 66 pp.
1175-1182

>Hello,
>
>Can someone recommend a good reference or three for doing fluorescent
>in-situ hybridization on bacteria?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Phil
>--
>}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{
>Philip Oshel
>Supervisor, AMFSC and BBPIC microscopy facilities
>Department of Animal Sciences
>University of Wisconsin
>1675 Observatory Drive
>Madison,  WI  53706 - 1284