CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 1999

From:
Andres Collazo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:24:46 -0700
***POSTDOCTORAL POSITION*DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY*****

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in the area of inner
ear development. My laboratory studies: (1) Cell lineage and gene function
in the developing inner ear of the frog, Xenopus, and  (2) Lateral line
development in zebrafish.

Currently we're looking at the correlation between gene expression patterns
and the inner ear fate map. We use cellular, molecular and computer aided
microscopy techniques to address these questions. The House Ear Institute
has new and state of the art research facilities including a confocal
microscope. Research experience in molecular biology, cell biology or
microscopy desired. An interest in developmental biology is required.
Starting time is flexible with the position available starting January
2000. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply. Interested individuals
should send a CV, a summary of past research experience, and the names of
three references. (E-mail is fine).

Andres Collazo, Ph.D.
Section Chief, Inner Ear Development
House Ear Institute