CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 1995

Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 16:04:41 -1100
>Keith Crist wrote:

>Voxel Math from Vital Images has multiple ways of merging confocal
>image stacks of seperate probe and counterstain images.  Some that
>preserve spatial resolution, some that do not.  I would appreciate
>hearing from anyone having been through this already on the most
>efficient means of doing the merge and preserving identity of probe
>voxels so that they can be seperately colored.

I am not quite clear why he wants/needs to do the merge in Voxel Math.
If the two data sets are merged at display time using VoxelView they
remain quite separate and each can be set up (before the merge) to use
the required color scheme.  This gives you very good separate control
of your probe and counterstain data sets while still enabling you to
display and animate them as a single entity.

                                                Guy Cox