CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2008

From:
Jean-Pierre CLAMME <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 18:20:16 -0400

Hi,

I'm shopping for an optical table for a new confocal / 2photon microscope
and  FCS setup and I was wondering what kind of grade I need.
Indeed for the 2 photon microscope that we have here ((the new one is for
another place) , we have  a TMC 784 series (maximum dry damping) table.  I
saw somewhere that this table is equivalent to the RS 4000 series from NEWPORT.
So I was wondering if this grade is really necessary for a confocal
microscope and FCS system. Or if  as long as I have pneumatic legs, a RS2000
or 783 (standard damping) would be fine ?

Thank you in advance,

JP