CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2011

From:
Daniel Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2011 09:25:55 -0600

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions/thoughts/experience regarding a
good coverslip holder/rack that is made out a material that will not be
etched by nitric acid.  In our lab we currently wash our coverslips very
carefully, following a protocol that involves a nitric acid wash step, and a
lot more.  In order to make the entire process a bit more efficient and less
tedious, I am looking into coverslip holders/racks that the coverslips could
just sit in throughout the whole procedure (primarily for water washes,
nitric acid washes, and a drying step.  These racks would need to be:
- low-contact so that the entire coverslip surface is well exposed for
washes, etches, and drying steps
- made of a material that is not corroded by nitric acid (but also not gold
or platinum!)
- high-capacity (able to hold 50-100 coverslips at least)

Does anyone have experience using one that works really well?  I'm guessing
that there are adequate staining racks available for this, but it would be
best to know which one has worked for other people.

Any thoughts suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Dan