CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2017

From:
Egor Zindy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2017 17:15:07 +0100

Hi Mel,

> - When you say updated firmware, do you mean V.33 or V.37?

Sorry, I will try to find out, but our last system was decommissioned last
year. Basically, I'm talking about the firmware after the LVDS card came
back from Photometrics with its firmware upgraded to run on Win7 32 bit.

- From what I can tell, C-states refers to PCI Express. Does it also apply
> to PCI?

I remember quite vividly that disabling the C-states was the last thing I
changed before the system ran smoothly. Before that, we did experience
random freezes during acquisition.

> - Is your Windows 7 fully updated? I'm beginning to suspect that the
> Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is at fault and I'm thinking of reinstalling
> Windows with updates disabled. Just wondering if you have it working fully
> updated then I won't bother.

Yes, fully updated with SP1.

> - Did you ever experience the freezing I'm describing?

As far as I remember, the freezes were occurring randomly during
acquisition (and did require a reboot). But not during installation. In
your case, something else could be the cause (I'm suspecting the firmware
on the LVDS card).

Cheers,
Egor