CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1998

From:
Diane stojanovski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 08:57:12 +1100
Hi all,
I wrote to you several months ago regarding glycolytic enzyme antibodies.
 Since then I have found four and here is my next question.  I am labeling
cells to work up my protocol (that I will try to apply to human quad
tissue) - I got very weak fluorescence in my first labeling experiment
using Acetone:Methanol(1:1), 10 mins at -20oC fixation.  Since then l have
tried other fixation methods, which all seem to be worse than the A:M
fixation. Could anyone suggest any fixation methods that they have tried,
know or believe are suitable?
If it helps anyone  - the antibodies I am using are Aldolase and Pyruvate
Kinase (which are both Goat-anti-rabbit) and Hexokinase and Glyceraldehyde
-3- phosphate dehydrogenase (monoclonals).

Thanking you in advance,
Diane Stojanovski