CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2013

From:
"Haberman, Ann" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2013 19:53:56 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

Our apologies if you have received this post more than once - it did not appear to post properly the first time around.

We would like to remind you of the upcoming Yale Microscopy Workshop that will be held June 4 -6th 2013.  This year's symposia theme is Correlative Light and Electron Microscopy. This free event is a combination of symposia, demonstrations and technical lectures representing all imaging modalities that this year includes several unique to CLEM.

This workshop also provides open access to functional microscopes, sample preparation instruments and analytic software. It is the perfect opportunity to compare instruments, get advice or try out something new.

Please see the website for free online registration, a listing of available equipment and a schedule of events too numerous to mention here: http://medicine.yale.edu/lab/microscopy/index<http://microscopy.med.yale.edu/index.html>

Yale Microscopy Workshop Symposium Schedule
----------------------------
Tuesday June 4th    Afternoon symposium: Correlative Light and Electron Microscopy Part I

"Visualizing Cells and Viruses at Molecular Resolution: From Structure to Mechanism"
Sriram Subramaniam, NIH/NCI

"Correlative (i)PALM and EM Imaging"
Gleb Shtengel, HHMI Janelia Farm

----------------------------
Wednesday June 5th    Afternoon symposium: Correlative Light and Electron Microscopy Part II

"Correlative light and electron microscopy reveals new structure in the immunological synapse"
Michael Dustin, Skirball Institute

"Development and Application of Labeling Technologies to Propel Correlated Multi-Scale Imaging of Cells and Tissues"
Mark Ellisman, UCSD

We look forward to seeing you there!

The organizers,
Ann Haberman           [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Derek Toomre             [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Joerg Bewersdorf       [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Xinran Liu                    [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>