CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 1994

From:
Steven Bagley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 1994 14:51:26 GMT
Dear Confocal users,

We are interested in manipulating and then viewing small mouse embryos
before viewing with our MRC-600 and we are looking for some advice.
They are around six hundred microns by three hundred microns and
during the dehydration (ethanol) / clearing (methyl salicate or
glycerol) steps we have problems with manipulating them due to their
size, transparancy and stickyness.

Are there any commercial containers which can be used with these
proceedures and this size of specimen or does anybody have any 'handy
tips'.

thanks,

Steve Bagley,
The Confocal Microscope Facility,