CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2012

From:
Sylvie Le Guyader <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2012 14:24:42 +0000

Bonjour Louis

A few points that might be of interest:

Which meter you use depends on what you are interested in measuring: do you want to compare laser power with different objectives, check if the performance is stable from let's say one month to the next, see if you can trust your overnight data or measure usec variations for laser studies?

If you have an upright microscope make sure you have enough space between the stage and the objective to insert the probe. They are often quite high. The one from Lumen isn't.

You also need to decide if you want to record the data or if it is enough for you to see the fluctuations on the display. The Lumen Dynamics power meter only records data when they come out of their ExCite lamp (using a separate input) so if you want to record data from lasers using the stage probe, you need to be there to press a button at every time point.

Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards

Sylvie

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Sylvie Le Guyader