CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2015

From:
jens rietdorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 2015 17:42:57 +0000

Listers,

2013 postings on CitiFluorâ„¢ CFM-3 sound rather positive (no commercial
interest), so I was wondering if anyone used it in combination with lipid
stains like Nile Red, Oil Red O, BODIPY...? My task is to image lipid
droplets aka lipid bodies in mouse tissues.

Would you share your experience? I asked @EMS and they guessed it could be
tricky because of their additives.

Any suggestions for alternatives that do not extract the lipids are very
welcome.

Thank you,

Jens
Dr. Jens Rietdorf, visiting scientist @ center for technological