CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2003

From:
"Mario M. Moronne" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 10:06:40 -0700

Guy,

I am not saying it would be easy. It would require effort and good
programming, but after having spent a decade using UNIX run systems
controlling multiple devices simultaneously on synchrotron based
x-ray microscopes, I am skeptical that a MacOS based G5 platform
would be that difficult to implement.

I have experienced the mouse click problem you refer to, but when
running the x-ray scopes under Unix, I was able to open additional
windows and carry out analysis near simultaneously, as well as,
effectively run additional background programs without any crashes,
something I cannot say for NT or Windows 2000, an OS I rather like
even if it is not OS X.

I could be wrong; I am not a programmer except when there is no
alternative. However, I cannot help thinking that a far more reliable
and secure system could be built around MacOS X. BeOS might have been
an even better answer if they had stayed in business, but I think OS
X and G5 processors should do just fine.

Mario

Mario M. Moronne, Ph.D.
NanoMed Technologies LLC
President and CTO