CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2010

From:
Elizabeth Nickless <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:07:08 +1200
HI,

it is a good idea to stain the fat and protein in milk with Nile blue.  488excitaion will show the fat and 633 will show the protein which should be in solution in standard milk.  In addition you can add DAPI and it will show up any bacteria if you have a 405laser for excitation of DAPI. For fungi if I remember correctly you can use some of the plant dyes to show up any hyphal material.Though some cell wall material autofluoresces and you can probably see hyphae/fungal spores using transmission mode.

REgards

Liz

Liz Nickless

Microscopy and Imaging Centre