CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1995

From:
Julia Hush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 1995 08:47:57 +1000
dear colleagues,

Does anyone who has the Zeiss LSM 410 also have the motorized version of
the filter set slider on the Axiovert?  We have the slider which must be
changed manually, which means that to make sure it is moved to the correct
spot it "clunks" into each position.  The problem for me is that I do
microinjection studies on live plant cells, and it is ideal for me to leave
the needle in the cell following injection; but to acquire confocal images,
it is of course necessary to move the slider, and the vibration caused by
this results in dead cells!

Thus, I am interested in finding out whether anyone has experience with the
motorized slider, especially if they do similar studies, so as to determine
how smooth  changing positions is, using this system.

Thanks,

Julia Hush.

P.S.  Many thanks to all the folk who advised me recently about the sources
of commercially available fluorescent-tubulin: my orders are in!

Julia Hush
School of Biological Sciences,
University of Sydney, NSW 2006,
Australia.