CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2021

From:
Kay Schink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 2021 17:01:21 -0600

​Dear Oliver, Dear other OMX and DV users!

Thanks a lot for this important information! It is indeed very worrying news, and I am fully in line with you and Alison. We have a V4 and a Deltavision, and I would not trade either of them for any of the _supposedly_ superior systems that were mentioned in the orignal mail from Cytiva.
A move like this would surely alienate a huge number of core facilities, and for our facility, I don't see us buying any Leica or Molecular Devices instruments instead of a Deltavision system - they are not remotely in the same league (and annoying customers will make this even less likely!). We were just discussing that we would need a new Deltavision, and I can guarantee that the alternative will not come from any Cytiva-based company.

As we already had problems with Cytiva keeping their promised maintenances  - this is not a complaint about their service personnel (who are all fantastic) but about all the company structures in between -  we would be happy to outsource this to a separate and reliable company run by the fantastic service team (Applied Precision 2.0 anyone ;-) -)

I am fully behind putting some pressure on Cytiva and will be happy to work with the community to avoid this impending disaster.

Best wishes,

Kay

Kay Oliver Schink
Dept. of Molecular Cell Biology