CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2000

From:
Michael Cammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:25:32 -0700
At 02:11 PM 7/14/2000 +0100, you wrote:
>Depending upon the type of Tiffs you could use Adobe ImageReady.  Or pay
>the $35 to upgrade the Quicktime on any Mac to QuickTime Pro, which will
>import a file series.  If these are single channel tiffs, import into
>the public domain program NIH Image and save as a Quicktime movie, or do
>the same with multi-channel tiffs using the Java version, Image/J.

First we used NIH-Image but found that for many people on PCs, we had to
open and resave the files in Quicktime Pro.  Also, there was little
flexibility of timing.

So we switched to Image Ready which involved lots of file conversions first
to prep the images.  And if we wanted to make adjustments to images, we had
to go back to NIH-Image or IPLab to do them on the whole sequence and then
reconvert everything.

Then we upgraded to Adobe Premier.  It runs great on a newer Macintosh (G3
or G4 with lots of RAM).  It is easy to use.  It is extremely powerful.  In
no uncertain terms, it is the way to go for producing moving images for web
sites or for computer or video presentations.

Michael Cammer   Analytical Imaging Facility   Albert Einstein Coll. of Med.
1300 Morris Park Ave.    Bronx, NY  10461    (718) 430-2890   Fax:  430-8996
personal:  http://cammer.home.mindspring.com/