CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2005

From:
Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 09:56:45 -0700

Peter,

I was at Hopkins using a 410, and worked with John quite a bit at
Microcosm.

Are these new PMT's the Hamatsu's they've been talking about?  I know
the new computer is nice and all, but I was never really convinced it
was worth the cost of the whole thing.

I also didn't know it was called "Phoenix".  It is supposed to make the
410 similar to a 510, but we decided not to get the upgrade.  Is it
running on W2000 or XP?  It is a concern as Microsoft is stopping the
support for W2000 very soon.

Christian