CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2002

From:
"Tengowski, Mark W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:14:40 -0400

List members,

I have to agree with Tim.  Having a large portable drive to sneakernet files
is more friendly to the infrastructure where the processing computer is
remote to the acquisition device.

Here is one we use, and so far are pleased (no commercial interest):
http://shopper.cnet.com/shopping/resellers/0-12455-311-9664527-3.html?fl=0&t
ag=st.sh.12455-311-9664527.sort.price

The DVD format issue does cause me some concern, with the -RW and the +RW
differences.  I would hate to make the wrong investment decision because
Phillips and Pioneer can't agree.  Most times we do make decisions on
incomplete information, but by having a spare drive, you have a good interim
solution with a low chance of obsolescence.

Cheers,
-M