CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2005

From:
Vitaly Boyko <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vitaly Boyko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 23:52:01 -0400

Hi Randy,

I am not sure if EM-CCD will solve the problem, as it is quite noisy at very
low light levels. I tested back-thinned EM-CCD versus back-thinned EB-CCD
(both Hamamatsu), the EB-CCD was performing much better at 66 msec
exposures. However, TIRFM and wide-filed with fast filter wheels could be
better choice than Spinning Disc. Fast (30 msec) filter wheels are needed
for Live cellls in order to avoid pixel shift when monitoring two fluors
simultaneously (FRET, etc.)

Vitaly

Vitaly P. Boyko
Senior Research Fellow