CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2009

From:
George McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 2009 13:04:24 -0400
Hi Simona,

As Craig Brideau mentioned, you can use the reflection off the
coverglass-mounting medium interface. As a bonus, you get
interference reflection contrast images of your specimen for free.

If you don't have a LSM510 ChM or equivalent, you can use the
transmitted light detector (ChD on the LSM510) to get pixel by pixel
intensity measurements. When a laser (or AOTF, etc) flakes out, lines
or oscillations show up most obviously when frame averaging is off. I
discovered a problem with a new (3 month old) 561 nm laser this way recently.

George

At 06:33 AM 10/28/2009, you wrote:
>Dear friends,
>
>Does anyone know if there is any - commercial or homemade - device
>to measure the laser
>intensity during a confocal experiment in real time? or else, does
>any commercial confocal
>microscope have this possibility as a built-in feature?
>
>Thank's
>Simona e antonio
>

>---
>Simona Rodighiero, Ph.D.
>Cellular and Molecular Imaging Platform
>Fondazione Filarete
>Viale Ortles 22/4
>20139 Milano
>
>Tel. +39 02 56660168

George McNamara, Ph.D.
Image Core Manager
Analytical Imaging Core Facility
University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine
Miami, FL 33136
305-243-8436 office
http://www.sylvester.org/AICF (Analytical Imaging Core Facility)
http://www.sylvester.org/AICF/pubspectra.zip (the entire 2000+