CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2002

From:
Iain Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:14:18 -0700

The only effect I could envision (and it would not be a strong one) would be
via the contribution of Cl- to the total ionic strength of the solution.  For
BAPTA-based indicators such as fluo-4, the calcium binding affinity decreases
as ionic strength increases (see Biochim Biophys Acta 925, 133 (1987) for data
pertaining to BAPTA).  Affinity constants for indicators cited in the
Molecular Probes handbook are usually measured for  I=0.1 (100 mM KCl).