CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 1998

From:
Withrow Gil Wier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:10:19 -0500
We need to find out more about the filtering of the PMT signals on our Bio-Rad MRC-600. The manual states that the preamplifiers incorporate an "integrator circuit controlled by the pixel clock. This design ensures that the signal collection time is optimized to the dwell time per pixel".  Any information that anyone has on the details of this system would be appreciated greatly. For example, does the 'integrator circuit' utilize a simple RC filter, or something more sophisticated?  What is the relationship between 'dwell time per pixel' and time constant of integration?  Of course, a detailed response from Bio-Rad themselves would be most useful to us all!

Thanks

W. Gil Wier
Professor of Physiology
410-706-3349 FAX 410-706-8610