CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1994

From:
Danny Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 1994 09:08:24 +1000
>Get confocal log9401

I think the message was meant to go to the LISTSERV program.

Out of interest I'm appending p2 of my collected transcript of the
mailing-list. Generally I've deleted messages like this one, subscription
requests, McIlwaine's (pity), cleaned up email headers, reformatted quoted
text to get rid of ugly line-breaks. The end result prints out nicely and
makes a useful reference. Having everything in one file makes searching
easier, though a proper index would be nice. Could even be WAISified. It
was hoped at some stage to be put up for ftp'ing and I could do this if
there is some interest.

cheers,
Danny Thomas

About  the  mailing  list:
The full transcripts are available via FTP to ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu. and you
should change the directory to CONFOCAL (I think this IBM system is
caseless). The transcripts are stored in monthly files and remember to
transfer these as text.

The following is a copy of the administrative info I received on
subscription. This may be useful for people who've lost their copy or
didn't bother to read it.

Dear networker,

Your subscription to list CONFOCAL (Confocal Microscopy List) has been accepted.

You may leave the list at any time by sending a "SIGNOFF CONFOCAL" command
to [log in to unmask] (or [log in to unmask]). Please note that
this command must NOT be sent to the list address (CONFOCAL@UBVM) but to
the LISTSERV address (LISTSERV@UBVM).

The amount of acknowledgement you wish to receive from this list upon
completion of a mailing operation can be changed by means of a "SET
CONFOCAL option" command, where "option" may be either "ACK" (mail
acknowledgement), "MSGACK" (interactive messages only) or "NOACK".

Contributions sent to this list are automatically archived. You can obtain
a list of the available archive files by sending an "INDEX CONFOCAL"
command to [log in to unmask] (or [log in to unmask]). These
files can then be retrieved by means of a "GET CONFOCAL filetype" command,
or using the database search facilities of LISTSERV. Send an "INFO
DATABASE" command for more information on the latter.

Please note that it is presently possible for anybody to determine that you
are signed up to the list through the use of the "REVIEW" command, which
returns the network address and name of all the subscribers. If you do not
wish your name to be available to others in this fashion, just issue a "SET
CONFOCAL CONCEAL" command.

More information on LISTSERV commands can be found in the LISTSERV
reference card, which you can retrieve by sending an "INFO REFCARD" command
to [log in to unmask] (or [log in to unmask]).

Virtually,

The LISTSERV management